Microsoft released the much anticipated Anniversary Update to Windows 10 on August 2nd, 2016. The update would be available for automatic download through Windows Update or manually through their Microsoft website. Microsoft promised to address concerns that were made when it originally launched Windows 10 last year.
Here are some of the big features that were released in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update:
- Cortona becomes a lot smarter, gains new features and becomes almost mandatory
- Windows 10 can now interact with your Windows or Android Phone
- More Desktop and Apps are now available in the Windows Store
- More themes are added into Windows including a Dark Theme
- Microsoft Edge internet browser can now support browser extensions
- Windows Hello lets you unlock your PC with compatible devices
- Wifi-Sense Password feature is now gone
- Windows Defender Can Provide Additional Protection If You Use Another Antivirus
- The Start Menu has been redesigned
- The Lock Screen has Improved
- Battery Options become more powerful
- You can now further tweak when to reboot your computer with Windows 10 updates
As you can see Microsoft has really added a lot of great features and most importantly has tightened up the security of the system. Although at first the reviews of Windows 10 were very mixed, they have gained much more positive marks as Microsoft has added to it.
The most important features Microsoft has added or fixed have been the Wifi Sense password feature which would previously allow other users that connected to your home wifi network to have your password in their computer automatically. This feature has since been addressed. Another feature that has help is improving the lock screen, which now removes your e-mail for privacy concerns so that prying eyes cannot know it.
The list of features is long, but the results are positive. If you haven’t already upgraded to the latest Anniversary update and would like to do so please go here and download it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history
Please be sure that before applying such a big update that you have a backup of your data to be on the safe side.